Do you need an AC Tune-up in Your Raleigh, NC Home?
Other than the obvious (it’s getting hot in here!) signs, there are multiple ways to determine that your system either needs maintenance or replacement. However, if you’re not as experienced with home maintenance and air conditioners, you may wonder if the problem is in your head or if it truly exists. Since air conditioners are used most heavily during the summer months, it’s important to get a tune-up before the heat of summer really kicks in. Qualified and licensed professionals perform a full system inspection to catch some standard problems that can occur. A check-up generally includes:
- Performance test of the full system
- Visual review of all air conditioner components
- Tests to determine the state of the refrigerant charge and overall system control testing
- The use of an approved leak detector to perform a leak test
- If slow leaks are suspected, your professional may perform a dye detection test
Sings You Need an AC Tune-up in Raleigh
- Air is not flowing as easily as it should be. If you’re seeing poor air flow through your vents, it’s probably time to call a professional.
- Zone issues — where part of your home is comfortable and another part is too hot or cool — are a good sign that there may be something wrong with your thermostat.
- Excess moisture where it doesn’t belong can also be an indicator that it’s time to call a professional.
- Foul odors coming from your air conditioning unit are never a good sign. Mold can grow in wet, dark spaces and an air conditioning unit certainly fits those parameters.
- Squeaking or squealing sounds coming from your air conditioning unit may indicate that a belt has slipped. This generally requires professional assistance to resolve.
- Of course, if you find that your home is heating up unexpectedly, or the air conditioner is cycling (turning on and off quickly), you should have your unit checked out.
Your system should receive maintenance at least once a year. It’s best in the spring before it’s heavily used in the summer heat. This ensures that you’re catching any small problems before they have a large impact on your system. The cost of not performing regular maintenance could be decreased system efficiency or even having a system that freezes up or sustains serious damage from broken items such as motor bearings.
How Streamline Services Can Help You
Your air conditioner may have worked just fine the last time you checked, but it still needs professional maintenance a few times a year. This is especially important before the weather gets hot, so you don’t get stuck in the heat. When a Streamline professional examines your air conditioner, they will be able to identify any areas of concern and repair it accordingly. Some other benefits of routine maintenance are:
- Your AC will be more efficient
- Less risk of a malfunction in the future
- Extended lifespan of your equipment
- Improved air flow
- Peace of mind knowing your home and family are safe and cool