As the weather gets warmer, you’ll be relying on your AC more and more to stay cool and comfortable. Because you will be using it so often, it’s important that your cooling system is working properly. If something seems off about your AC, there are ways you can troubleshoot to try and find the source of the problem. No matter what the issue is, you can have peace of mind knowing that Streamline can help you every step of the way. Here are some of the most common problems you may encounter:
- Start-up problems: Your AC should turn on when you want it to. If it’s experiencing start-up issues, it’s a sure sign that you have a problem. You can try resetting the circuit breaker or replacing a fuse. If this doesn’t work, you should call a Streamline professional. You need your AC to be ready to work when the weather gets hot!
- Thermostat problems: If your thermostat is broken or damaged it may have trouble reaching your desired temperature. If you find yourself setting your thermostat lower than usual and it still doesn’t feel as cool as it should, you should call Streamline. We will know whether your thermostat needs to be re-calibrated or replaced.
- Airflow inconsistencies: Weak air flow and inconsistent cooling can make your home uncomfortable. If your AC is showing these signs of wear and tear, it should be dealt with immediately.
- Moisture: Condensation can cause mold or mildew to grow very quickly. If left untreated, they can be introduced into your air supply. Exposure to these particles can worsen asthma symptoms as well as other breathing related illnesses.
- Strange smells: The air coming from your AC shouldn’t smell like anything at all. A musty smell is a sign of mold or mildew buildup inside the unit or connecting ducts. A rotten egg or meat smell may be a sign that pests are present. Burning smells need to be addressed as well.
- Unusual sounds: The older the AC, the more likely it is to make noise. All models have a fan, so they aren’t ever completely soundless. If you hear any loud bangs or whistles, it could be caused by buildup, broken fan motor, or a worn-down fan belt. These problems can escalate over time, so it’s best to have them repaired as soon as possible.
- Frequent cycling: This can happen for several reasons, but a Streamline professional will be able to locate the source of the problem.
- Model Size: Some of these issues are caused by one simple thing– the size of your AC unit. If it’s too big or too small, it won’t be able to properly cool your home.
How Streamline Can Help
From routine maintenance, to repairs, and replacement, we’ve got you covered. Our experienced and licensed professionals will install your AC to satisfy you and your family’s cooling needs. We install in offices and business as well. We guarantee you quality work that’s done right the first time. Features of professional installation by Streamline includes:
- Best models in the industry and leading AC technology
- Professional advice on choosing a model to best suit your needs
- Trained professionals with experience in residential and commercial installation
For all of your cooling needs, call Streamline today!