Leaky Pipes in Raleigh, NC
They’re Causing More Damage Than You Think!
As a homeowner, you probably know how important your plumbing system is. If you haven’t had any problems yet, you’re very lucky! If you have, then you know just how expensive it can be when small plumbing problems are allowed to grow! Leaky pipes are very common in most homes, but they can quickly become a large problem if they aren’t dealt with right away. If you want a clean and safe environment for everyone under your roof, it helps to be able to identify the signs. Here are some tips to identify leaky pipes in your home:
Warning Signs of Leaky Pipes
Leaky pipes can range in severity, but the key to avoiding costly repairs or water damage down the road is the ability to identify them before they escalate. Your home and your belongings are at risk with leaks. Not only your belongings but the health and well-being of you and your family are at risk as well. To prevent this from happening, it’s important that you know the warning signs of leaky pipes:
- Spike in utilities. If you notice a spike in your utility bills, then it’s likely that you have something going wrong in your home. When your water bill is unusually high seemingly out of nowhere, you may have a leak! Unless you have guests staying with you and nothing else is out of the ordinary, there’s really no reason for your water bill to spike. The size of the increase can help determine the size of your leak as well.
- Weak water pressure. If your shower and sinks are spitting out a weak stream of water, this is another sign of a leak. There are a number of reasons why this may occur, but they are all plumbing related. If this happens often, you should call a professional to figure out the problem.
- Water damage. This sign is obvious. water damaged areas in your home are a major problem. Any belongings can be damaged by water, so at the first sign of excess moisture present, its best to call a professional.
- Structural damage. Wood, as well as other materials, are subject to rot with repeated water exposure. Structural damage can also invite bugs and other pesky critters into your home.
- Mold and mildew. By the time you can see mold and mildew growth, it’s probably widespread within your walls. Mold can also pose a serious threat to your respiratory health and indicates that immediate and serious repairs are in order.
- Collapsed pipes. If you hear sudden, loud banging sounds in your plumbing, it could be that your pipes are collapsing.
- Basement flooding. Another obvious sign of a problem – flooding in the basement. This is quite common in some homes, especially those in areas that are susceptible to flooding. However, if flooding is out of the ordinary for you, it’s likely a pipe problem
- Yard damage. Do you notice any areas of your yard that are particularly wet or lush? This could be a sign of pipe leakage underneath your yard. This can cause damage to your yard and home, so it’s best to call an expert right away.
If you’re experiencing any of the above issues around your home, you should call Streamline right away for an inspection. Once we find the source of your pipe leak, we will fix it so your plumbing is back up and running in no time.
For all of your plumbing needs, call Streamline today! Our experts are ready to stop leaks in their tracks and save you thousands in potential damage. Protect your home with Streamline today!