There’s rain in the forecast this week and next! To combat chilly temperatures, it’s important that your furnace is working properly and efficiently. The heating bill can be expensive enough without the additional cost of repairs, and a furnace in need of servicing might be the cause for most of those expenses. Worst of all is dealing with a busted furnace when you need it most. Like any appliance, it will work best with routine furnace maintenance.
How Routine Furnace Maintenance Can Help You
Your furnace isn’t built to last forever and it can suffer a lot of wear and tear over the years while you use it. Routinely servicing your furnace can not only help to cut down on cost but prevent some dangerous safety hazards. Routine furnace maintenance can also push back when it’s time for a costly replacement.
Here’s how routine furnace maintenance can benefit you:
- One less risk of a fire, gas leak, or carbon monoxide leak. A damaged furnace is more than a financial drain, but a major safety hazard. A furnace combusts fuel to produce heat, and if it’s malfunctioning, that could lead to gas and carbon monoxide leaks. A furnace without proper ventilation can start a fire if there are flammable materials nearby. Gas leaks can also quickly start a fire and carbon monoxide leaks are fatal. If you suspect your furnace is old, or you ever smell gas, call an HVAC technician immediately. Servicing your furnace on a regular basis ensures that it’s fully functional, intact, and its safety precautions still work.
- Your indoor air quality could improve. Besides preventing fatal safety hazards, routinely servicing your furnace can drastically improve your home’s indoor air quality. Your furnace works by ventilating and circulating heat throughout your home, and it has an air filter for debris and other contaminants. A furnace that’s lacking in service and maintenance, however, would imply that the air filter is dirty, and that means it’s circulating dirty air throughout your home. Depending on the size of your home, pets, and how often you use your furnace, the air filter should be replaced at least once a year.
- Cheaper utility bills. A furnace that’s well maintained can work efficiently and run less often to heat your home. Heating bills are already costly enough, but a damaged furnace overworking itself can drastically increase the cost. Proper maintenance saves more than just your utility bill, but the cost of avoidable repairs, or worse, an early replacement.
- Less frustrating repairs or replacements. Your furnace will need the occasional repair, but a furnace in long need of servicing could result in several repairs adding up. Your furnace is complicated with a lot of components that need routine cleaning and tune-ups. Most repairs can be prevented with regular care, which involves cleaning the air filter, keeping it properly ventilated, and tuning up parts when necessary.
- You’re comfortable. Your comfort is important, but a malfunctioning furnace will have a hard time keeping your home warm and cozy. Servicing your furnace helps to keep it running effectively and efficiently. A functioning furnace also distributes heat evenly, preventing pesky cold spots and running the unit longer than necessary.
- Your home’s better prepared for winter. The winter season can be a harsh time of year, and a disaster can happen. Heavy snowfalls and ice can weigh down your roof and cause a leak. The frigid temperatures outside put your plumbing at risk of freezing. It can also be unbearably cold outside, and a busted furnace makes for a very miserable winter. Routinely servicing your furnace ensures it’s prepared for the hard work ahead come next winter.
How Streamline Can Help
For nearly a century now, Streamline Services has been dedicated to helping families in Raleigh and the surrounding areas. Our main concern is your safety and comfort! If your furnace is fixable, we do everything possible to restore it to its best working condition. Here are a few benefits of choosing Streamline Services for your furnace repair needs:
- Improved comfort. After a repair or inspection, your furnace will be more efficient, boosting airflow and preventing inconsistencies.
- Lower utility bills. Savings from a repaired furnace will show on your electric bill!
- Fewer repairs down the road. Small problems can escalate quickly, so it’s best to address them as soon as they pop up.
- Extended life. A healthy furnace will work more efficiently for longer.
If you need furnace maintenance this winter, don’t put it off. Call Streamline Services today!