Imagine having filtered and clean water in your very own home. In this day and age, it is becoming more and more common. Clean water is vital to your home for drinking, bathing, and cleaning. Unfortunately, there are still potential contaminants found in water that is untreated through a filtration system. If your home doesn’t currently have one, it would be a wise investment!
When a home is equipped with whole-house water filtration, the owner can rest assured that every drop of water that comes into the house is clean and safe. From the kitchen to the bathroom to the backyard sprinkler, the water will always be safe enough to drink.
Benefits of Filtering Water
Primarily, having a home filtration system can drastically improve your health. There are a number of dangerous elements that are removed if water is filtered. These include:
- Arsenic: Tap water can contain dangerous levels of arsenic, a powerful carcinogenic. This has been linked to an increased risk of the development of several types of cancer.
- Aluminum: Municipal water that is unfiltered can lead to an increased consumption of aluminum, a metal that has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease, hyperactivity, learning disabilities in children, skin problems, liver disease and more.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is commonly associated with improving oral health, but it can actually cause a wide range of problems. Weakened immune system and cellular damage that accelerates aging is a possible side effect of fluoride.
A home filtration system will give you peace of mind knowing that your drinking water is safe. Cooking and bathing water quality will increase as well!
Types of Water Filters
There are a couple of differing types of water filters available for purchase and installation, including the following:
- Activated Carbon: It is a fairly common type of water filter installed under the kitchen sink. Carbon filters are used to remove parasites, chemicals, and heavy metals that are present in water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This type of filter is incredibly popular mainly because it has the ability to remove all sorts of contaminants that can be a danger to your health, as well as making sure the end result is clear and odor free.
- UV Filters: Takes water purification to a high level, by use of an ultraviolet lamp to kill germs within the water. Typically, it will destroy about 99.9% of germs found in the water.
Now that you know how a home filtration system can help increase your water quality and safety, what are you waiting for? Call Streamline Plumbing and Heating today!